Friday, July 10, 2009

Here Comes The Sun

Wow - 17 days since retirement - were has the time gone? The days are flying by! This is the second day in a least a month that we have been awakened by the sun and it sure feels good.


I've been busy planning our family reunion that will take place next weekend. My DD and I have all sorts of fun things planned! DH is doing the cooking on Friday night, and her DH is providing the lobsters for Saturday night. We have the Bluff House Inn booked for the weekend- take a look - isn't it pretty? All we need is for the sun to stick around. My DD's lake house is just across the street (and down a long dirt road) from the Inn, where we'll go for swimming, boating, fishing, etc. We're also planning a lobster boat ride where passengers can help haul in their own lobsters for dinner. We have 17 people coming up from New Jersey, one (my oldest son) coming from Texas, and of course all of our family here in Maine.



I always have time for some knitting though. I made this mitered towel from Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines, which I've been wanting to make ever since I first saw it. It's also a free pattern on Ravelry. I'm planning to make more of these. It took almost a whole ball of Peaches & Cream for the light blue and a little bit of navy blue for the top. I still have to sew the button on.


Also always time for reading. I just finished Murder Most Crafty - quick fun read. I'm now reading Hounding the Pavement, by Judi McCoy, which Cindi sent me. It's about a dog walker who can talk to and understand the dogs she walks. Of course they are going to solve a murder - I'm sure of it! It's a cute story.
I'm also listening to Altogether Dead by Charlaine Harris - another book in the Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mystery series. I got hooked on this series when we read Dead Until Dark as one of our Whoduknit monthly books. It's different for sure!
Hope the sun is shining wherever you are too!

2 comments:

danielle said...

I love lobster - can I come? Not sure about the catching them tho...ha to ride in the backseat with the lobsters one time and it really freaked me out - not enough not to eat them tho!

danielle said...

had to go out and buy that dog walking book! am enjoying it! because it is hard to transpor things...I have 3 books going at a time these days - one in the bedroom, one in the BR, and one in the living room!