Friday, October 09, 2009

Knitting for Bears

Another Mystery Knit from the Holiday Gift Along Yahoo Group. This started out as a fingerless glove - below - then the last clue gave the option of making it into a regular mitten. So clever!



The fingerless version was just a little too big for me, and so was the whole mitten, so I felted it just a bit and it is perfect now. Except that ....yes, I have to make another one! It's a beautiful pattern stitch and was fun to do.





Another fun project - clothes for bears! My granddaughter is obsessed with "Build-A-Bears" and their accessories. So I'm making her bears some clothes for Christmas. The book is "Knits for Bears to Wear and has some really cute outfits in it, including a mermaid outfit, which I know Tori will love. I'm thinking I need to get my own Build-a-Bear to model the outfits! I still need to sew the buttons on the dress and put the hook and eye closures on the hoodie.

Also OTN some more fingerless mitts (perfect for texting) for the teens on my Christmas list (and their mom too!)

On the todo list: The Ilene Bag (market bag) using the Louet Euroflax yarn I received in my Whoduknit Trick or Treat Swap package from Bonnie, along with the circ. needles to knit it with, A Book "Where There's A Witch, a box of Godiva chocolates (Gone!), a cute little Beanie Bat, and the "trick" a little jeweler's box with a fake spider inside!
On my bookshelf: Laced With Magic by Barbara Bretton, Where There's a Witch (above), Ghost Stories by Peter Straub (are you seeing a theme here?) and In my CD player - MAX, the 5th book in the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.






No comments: