Saturday, January 09, 2010

Sweaters for tissues


Don't feel ambitious enough to knit a whole people sized sweater? Here is a great way to use up all of those bits and pieces of self-patterning sock yarn that are just too pretty to throw away (I have a bag full). Knit up a bunch of these "Sweaters for purse sized tissue packets".
You could easily adapt them to use a heavier weight yarn and bigger needles - the faster to knit!




On the needles - the Simple Mistake Rib Vest from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. This is an IOU for my daughter. She picked out the pattern and the yarn (Galway Paint by Plymouth) before Christmas but I over-extended myself a little bit!


Also on the needles another "Fidget" (neck warmer)
I've knit a few of these but found I had given them all away and didn't have one for myself. The yarn is something unknown I found in my stash (no picture yet).

I'm reading Night Fall by Nelson Demille. It's a fictional story based on true events - the explosion of TWA Flight 800 off Long Island New York in July 1996. I haven't read a book by Nelson Demille before and I really like his style. Next on my bedside stack is our Whoduknit January book, Murder Carries a Torch by Anne George which looks like a much lighter read. And, while I knit, I'm listening James Patterson's Honeymoon.

5 comments:

Grace said...

the link for the tissue sweater doesn't work

Yours are adorable

Unknown said...

Jane,

Love the sweaters for tissues. It looks like something to use up those end balls that I hate to give up.

Mary Lynn

Linda said...

Night fall is an excellent book! Read his others and enjoy.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

What a terrific idea for scrap yarn your tissue holder is pretty.Hugs Darcy
Happy New Year:)

Joyce said...

How do you like "Honeymoon"? I almost checked it out from the library today, but didn't because of too many books to read.

I love seeing all of your projects. Your knitting is inspiring!