Monday, January 26, 2009

Something to Cheer About

The Sumner Tigers took 3rd place in the Eastern Maine Cheering Competition on Saturday - they were awesome! This means they will be going on to the State competition on February 7 - Go Blue!!!! I don't knit during competitions - too dangerous, I would probably stab someone!


but I do have some knitting to report on:


Progress on my "Simple but Effective


Shawl" knit with Noro Kuryon sock yarn. Very, easy, mindless pattern, but so pretty with the Noro color changes.





My Sheep in Sheep's Clothing


a modified version of Frankie Brown's pattern done for a Whoduknit Mystery KAL His coat is made with some Noro Silk Garden. And a couple more crocheted hats made for the Hat Box Foundation Charity.
the one on the top is made with Sugar n' Cream cotton and the one on the bottom is made with Bottany wool.












And this brings me up to 11 FOs towards my 52 in 52 goal!

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Keep going Jane and maybe you'll catch up to me, LOL

I have finished 26 and 3/4 done with 27

I am counting slippers as two though, but if I get ahead i will count them as one...

SimplyMe said...

Go Jane Go
Go Blue Go

Love the projects, congrats to the team!!

Dandy said...

the shawl is gorgeous!!

your kicking my butt in the 52 in 52... I'm at 9, working on #10

you are a Rockin'Girl!!

vis2vas said...

Hey! You've been busy, girl! Cheering and knitting! I loved all your works. Most the shawl, you know me and shawls...we've got a thing... Have a great week!

Joyce said...

Wow! Nice going, Jane! Lovely projects, and it's a very worthwhile goal. Mine is to finish all OTN projects this year, and considering I have 30 going right now, I guess that works out to about 1 or 1 1/2 per week. We'll see . . . at least we have your inspiration and example!

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

I LOVE the hats! I wish I could crochet like that!!