Saturday, January 02, 2010

Sister's Shawl








My first finished project of 2010 is a crochet shawl for the December contest (deadline extended to Jan. 8 due to the holidays) on Lisa's Designs on Ravelry. I like to alternate my knitting with crochet and this shawl was so quick and easy, I will be making more of these. There are so many ways to wear this. It's called the "Sister's Shawl" and I'd like to make one for each of my (2) sisters. This one is crocheted with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in midnight blue. I used two skeins, 420 yards altogether and I think it is just about the right size.

You can only get the pattern by joining Lisa's Designs on Ravelry. They have a contest each month with a free pattern for members. After the contest is over, you can purchase the pattern.


The pin is perfect for the shawl. The lady who crafted it makes the most incredible pins from found objects and charms. This lighthouse pin is one of my favorites.

Finished a second 'sister's shawl' in Lionbrand Cotton-Ease Turquoise. This one still needs to be blocked.

4 comments:

sara said...

It's really pretty and what a gorgeous pin!

SimplyMe said...

L-O-V-E

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Love the sister shawl and do you have a link for the shop you got the lovely pin from? Happy New Year Darcy

danielle said...

Beautiful shawl - that would be a lovely present for both of your sisters - and especially if they are accompanied by those pins!