Sunday, October 04, 2009

Rainy Sunday






I've been a lazy poster lately! Spending too much time on Facebook and Ravelry. If you are a knitter or crocheter and you haven't joined Ravelry yet, your missing out on a good thing! If it has to do with knitting you can find it there - plus a group for every interest imaginable.

I got a surprise package in the mail yesterday from my niece who lives in California. She was wishing me a happy retirement and sent some great teas, along with the most awesome mug - can you see the cable stitching on it? Also in the package was Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's new book "Things I Learned from Knitting whether I wanted to or not." I love her books and I didn't have this one yet. And the biggest surprise - the beads, which I had sent her from Morocco when we were stationed there 38 years ago (she was a little girl then of course), and which she had kept all these years!
Thank you Linda - what a day brightener this was!


Seems like I haven't been finishing much lately - but here is one FO. The hat pattern is called "Megan's Braids" and it's One Skein Wonders.
It's a darker purple than is showing in the picture and the mittens below that go with it are really purple too, but for some reason they came out blue in the picture. This will be a Christmas gift for one of the little girl's on my list.


2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

How sweet that she saved the beads and I have the mug love it and the book as well also great FO's.Hugs Darcy

Unknown said...

I have that mug . . . how cool is that . . . now we can share a beverage together too!

What a great surprise for you.

I've looked at the hat and thought it would be great fun to make for Lindsey, especially since she is currently keeping her hair short.