Monday, August 24, 2009

Some FOs and a Prize for Me!

Another clutch - this one knit with Paton's Merino and needlefelted flowers on the flap.




This cute little bag is based on "A Little Bird Told Me....." on Knitty.com. I knit it in the round instead of flat and used an i-cord for the drawstring and strap, and needlefelted the heart on the flap. Which leads to the next picture .....while I was looking through my needlefelting wool, I realized that I have somehow developed a stash of roving, even though I haven't learned how to spin yet. Looking at this will give me more incentive to learn!



And the prize.............









I won a drawing over on the Carefree KAL and got to choose two skeins of Crystal Palace Yarns. On the left is Merino Stripes - a fuzzy, soft, wool, that I think might become a cowl, and on the right is Taos that will probably get felted into a small clutch. What a cool way to get to try out two new yarns! Thank you CPY!






3 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Those are both really cute bags. And congratulations on your win! I love Crystal Palace Taos; the color changes are so fun to watch. I used it in my entrelac neck warmer/cowl.

SimplyMe said...

I love your winnings. You are getting great at that needle felting! Jane - purse felter extrordainre.

Unknown said...

Great bags . . .

And you are like me too in that I am developing a stash of roving. Although I did share my roving from PhatFiber with my sister. LOL.