Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What does your workspace look like?


Knitty Sue is having a contest on her blog and she wants us to post a photo of our work area. I have a couple, but I think this is my favorite. Next to the rocker are bags with my knitting projects - small ones in the smaller bags and usually a large project in a big bigger bag (I like to switch off). Right now the pink bag has a dishcloth project in it, the brown one has an Old Shale Smoke Ring (cowl) going on, and in the large one is a felted bag project. On the footstool is a portable CD player with an audio book in it to listen to while I knit. Today it has "Heartsick" by Chelsea Cain in it. On the other side of the rocker is my magnetic row place keeper from knitpicks - couldn't knit a pattern without it, and a small tin box with knitting gadgets in it - stitch markers, scissors, crochet hooks, etc. The round box they are sitting on is filled with yarn. The picnic basket on the floor is also filled with yarn (who would guess?) as are the other three round boxes on the left. (and DH has no clue!) On top of the picnic basket is my pouch for my circ. needles, and oh, yes, a bag of chocolate! The basket is filled with knitting magazines and catalogs, that I can't fit in the magazine rack beside the chair. In the background is my computer desk where I can run over to Ravelry to look for patterns, check facebook, my yahoo groups and my e-mail when I want to take a break from knitting. The bookcase is filled with knitting books and notebooks full of patterns. On the computer desk in the background is my "Never Not Knitting" Yarn Harlot calendar, a phone, file box for mail, CDs and DVDs with photos on them, my digital camera, and the desk is usually littered with patterns I have printed out and have not filed yet. That's my knitting workspace. Want to see my scrapbooking workspace? Maybe tomorrow!
You asked for it Sue!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Wow--your space is so neat.

Unknown said...

Gosh, I am sooooo jealous. Only 10 more years . . .

It all looks so comfy.

KnittySue said...

YUP I asked for it..LOL...but your little area looks soooo inviting and organized. Thanks for sharing...now I'd love to put my feet up and snuggle down in that chair.
Take Care

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love your work place looks relaxing:)Hugs Darcy

SimplyMe said...

Great spot Jane.

I'm not sharing mine....imaginations are good enough.
i can't think of another thing you need!

Grace said...

so neat and orderly, what a great little place to work

Bonnie said...

I just love your knitting workplace. I have the same glider in my livingroom but have not used it since we are in the new house. Maybe that is what I need to get going! It is nice thinking of you sitting there all organized and happily knitting away!

Dandy said...

with so much stuff/stash going on there it is pretty darn neat... lol

Joyce said...

It is so inviting and cozy! My DD read in a beading magazine about how we should all (as creative people) have a "studio", which is any place we set up to work. We think of it as a separate room, but it doesn't have to be, just some place where we go to be inspired, that is set aside for us. What a great space you have!