Thursday, January 14, 2010

Knitting to keep warm!



There is a saying that cutting wood keeps you warm twice, once when you cut it and again when you burn it. I think we can say the same about knitting. Once while you are knitting and again when you are wearing the knit! I knit this neck warmer with some mystery yarn I found in my stash. I don't know what it is but the colors are great and it has a nice texture to it. I had just enough left over to make a headband - using every bit of the yarn, which also goes towards accomplishing my goal of using up my stash! The pattern for the neckwarm is the popular "Fidget" and the headband is just CO 15 and knit in the same pattern.

On my Whoduknit Group this month we are reading Murder Carries a Torch by Anne George. It is one of a "Southern Sister's" series and the first one I have read. This one involves snake handlers so for my project I am making a "Snake Scarf" which is actually a cable stitch scarf. This is also knit from stash yarn - a vintinge yarn given to me by a friend. It's a quick, easy pattern and I'll have enough yarn left to make a matching headband or even a hat.


Love the color of this yarn!

1 comment:

SimplyMe said...

Amen. Nothing makes me appreciate the warmth of wool more than the past few weeks. Great projects Jane!