Saturday, May 29, 2010

A little progress

I'm still in a knitting slump - but did manage to knit some mindless dish cloths - mostly Grandmother's favorites, with a couple more challenging designs. And, no...I don't do this many dishes. In fact I rarely do dishes at all! But they are nice to have on hand for a little gift.



And, yes, I am counting each one separately for my 52 in 52 because I'm way behind this year!



I finally found the perfect pattern for the Prism Rayon Ribbon that my niece Linda sent me. The pattern is the Panda Cotton Drop Stitch Scarf .

I added some fringe to it to show off the beautiful ribbon more.

And last (and least) is my Voodoo Doll - my own design (can you tell?).
I crocheted this as my project for my Whoduknit Group inspired by our May book, Deadly Night by Heather Graham. As you might guess the book dabbles in the occult - voodoo dolls, reading of tea leaves and palms,
and of course ghosts. It was a fun read. I had fun making the voodoo doll, but haven't decided who to use it on yet.

6 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I love the voodoo doll! too cute.

sara said...

Dishcloths always help me when I'm in a slump.

Linda said...

Aunt Jane the scarf is beautiful!! Smiles!! Happy Memorial Day weekend!! Linda

Joyce said...

I love your projects! The dishcloths are great! I feel a little bit pampered to use hand-knitted dishcloths, so I know whoever gets them will love them. And what a cute voodoo doll (if voodoo dolls can be cute?)! I like the scarf, too. How did you like doing the pattern? I have some yarn for a similar scarf, and several patterns, but have yet to make them. I've never done anything drop-stitched before.

SimplyMe said...

Jane - I always love to see what you create. You have a great eye for color and pattern. Even those dishcloths made me smile. Go figure. Since it's ONLY June 10 and I just started another book, I'm hoping to READ the June book. I've missed you all. Life's crazy. I still shouldn't let it get in the way of what I love. {{{hugs}}}

James cuck said...

What is way of learning of you about new designs?
Compression stockings