Saturday, December 31, 2005

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas! What a great Christmas for knitting. I received a knitting basket full of sock yarn, some addi turbos, and booklet on the magic loop method of making socks, which I have almost mastered! An automatic spool knitter, which I can't wait to try, "Holiday Knits" by Sara Lucas, A gift certificate to Knit Picks, another to A.C. Moore, and yet another to my LYS - wow! I Also received a pair of hand knit socks from my Knitters Review Gift Elf along with some great yarn, hand made stitch markers, and other goodies. I love the handmade socks so much I was inspired to try once again to master the art of sock making.
I couldn't wait to get started on the magic loop socks. I knit up a practice sock with scrap yarn and think I have the hang of it. I'm now working on a pair in knit picks "Parade" and have one cuff done. I can't believe how easy it is, once you get it started. I've never knit on addi turbos before - they are great! I hope to be posting a picture of a finished sock soon.
Here is a picture of my family on Christmas day. In the back is my husband, Steve, me, my son, Scott, daughter, Diana, Son-in-Law, Jayson, son Steven. In front is my granddaughter, Jordyn, grandson, Jacob holding their dog Casper, and granddaughter, Tori.

No comments: