Monday, January 16, 2006

2006 Goals, continued.


Another goal I have for 2006 is to use up some of my leftover yarn, before I buy any more new yarn. This is not an easy thing to do - especially with a gift certificate to my favorite LYS burning a hole in my wallet! I've made at least a half dozen of my version of the felted "Booga Bag" and have given them all away - so I decided to make myself one with the leftovers to use as a knitting bag for small projects. In fact, I think I will have enough for several from my leftovers. Most of the yarn is Cascade, Galway, and some Patons. It will be interesting to see how they felt when used together. I'm about half finished with this one - and here is my basket of leftover wool. Well - actuall, that's not all of it. I have some in plastic totes, and a basket of fun fur and novelty yarns. There are no full skeins, so it will be a challenge to come up with things to make to use it all up. Any ideas?

Then of course there are the usual goals: eat healthy, lose weight, get more exercise, etc. Does anyone know how many calories you burn when you knit? At least I can't knit and eat at the same time! Is knitting considered an exercise?

No comments: