Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Vacation!!!

See that timeline ticker up on top of my blog? Whoo Hoo! We have a tradition at our school. On the last day (which ended at noon for the kids today) we always go out and stand around the flagpole and wave to the kids as the buses go by on their way out the dooryard. As soon as they buses are gone, we whoop and holler just like the kids. Summer vacation has officially begun!
On Sunday I'm driving down to New Jersey with my daughter and grandkids. We'll be staying at Crystal Springs in Vernon for a couple of days and then at My sister's house on Lake Hopatcong. We hope to visit with lots of friends and relatives while we are there. I may even bring my knitting along LOL.

2 comments:

aksunflour said...

LOL! I can't believe that school is only now out for you. We have been out almost a month!

Have fun on your drive, hope you get some car knitting time in.

Make sure you bring extra needles and yarn- in case you teach a younger family member to knit while you are there.

Pati said...

Hope you have a safe trip. Just relax, read and knit up a storm.

We just got back this weekend from our shell show, took an award. Exhausting time, but fun.

Be safe ;-}