Saturday, June 06, 2009

You Are Spoiling Me!!!!




I "met" Vicki when she was my upstream pal in an International Tote Exchange a couple of years ago. She not only sent me a fabulous tote in that exchange, but she also sent a lot of other goodies including some hand spun yarn from one of her own alpacas. I've been following her blog and we've been e-mailing ever since. Yesterday I received another package from her with a note saying it was a little something for me to do when I retire.

Inside was some handspun yarn in a hand crocheted 'yarn bra', a pen that spells out 'knit & pearl' on it, some creme savers, the blue letters spell out 'relax' which I plan to do a lot of! And in the package are some pretty stitch markers that she also made. I will never be bored when I retired with all of these wonderful friends right at my figertips! Thank you for being my friend Vicki!


And more spoiling. Last night I went out to dinner with a group (8) of co-workers. We had a wonderful dinner, sat talking for hours afterward (luckily the restaurant was not busy), and they surprised me with a Red Sox shirt and two tickets to a Red Sox game!!!! I am so excited!!! The tickets are for the July 24th game against Baltimore.

2 comments:

Dandy said...

Jane I hope you enjoy everything... esp your retirement.
;)
I'm so glad we met too!! you've been the bestest internet friend ever.

Unknown said...

What fun!!! All the knitting stuff and Red Sox stuff . . . boy do your friends know you and, obviously, we don't want you to be bored.