Thursday, November 09, 2006

Three Day Weekend!

Hooray! And it's finally stopped raining after two days of down pouring. It's even warm - almost 60 degrees!
Last weekend I went to a United Maine Crafter's Show in Bangor where I met a lady from Scandinavia who was knitting fleece lined mittens. I've been wanting to learn how to do that (you add the fleece as you knit), and she showed me. She was also selling some hand spun yarn and had one skein left of a gorgeous silk that she had marked half price. Who could resist! - she even included a scarf pattern.
"On the needles" - an alpaca scarf for my Needled to Death Whoduknit project. I'm using the Knitpicks Decadence that I received from my One Skein pal, Mary Lynn, and the Super Yak Scarf from One Skein Wonders. I don't know if I will finish it on time - maybe I can claim it is not finished because Maggie Sefton's series is not finished yet???
And a shawl that I'm making for a friend for Christmas. I'm using LB Microspun and the Lacy Winged Shawl pattern from the 2007 Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar (March 28).
Last night I took a break from knitting and went to a scrapbooking class. We made this adorable mini-star album. I think I'll be making a few more for Christmas gifts.

3 comments:

AR said...

Neat star book!
Isn't that microspun soft? I like it. Gorgeous silk, too!

Allison said...

Oh I love that purple yarn - it's so gorgeous! I can't wait to see the scarf.

Anonymous said...

Goregous work! And is the knitting method with fleece and yarn the same as "Thrummed" mittens?