Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Surprise


What a surprise when the mailman came to the door this morning with another package. I thought that all the packages I was expecting had already arrived but this was one I wasn't expecting! It was from my friend Patty in Florida (who I'm sure wishes she had some of the snow we have on the ground here). Inside were these crocheted snowflakes (I'm guessing her DH crocheted them - he does the most beautiful work!) and this beautiful lighthouse ornament. Patty knows that I collect lighthouses, and that this one will stay out on my shelf all year long. Thanks so much Patty - what a great way to start off the day!


It's Christmas Eve Day - and as you can see, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care. I bought the teddy bear stockings the year the twins were born, and even though they are 15 now I'm still using them. Tori's is the smaller one - but believe me, it is filled so tight it is bursting at the seams. I'm thinking that next year I may retire the baby stockings and knit them each one that they can take with them when they leave home (which I hope won't be for at least 10 more years!).


The presents are wrapped and under the tree - do you think there will be enough? I never think there are enough - but there has to come a time when done is done - and Christmas Eve is that time! I try to use gift bags and decorative boxes that don't have to be wrapped as much as I can - they usually come back to me the next year with presents for me in them!


A very merry Christmas Eve to all of you!











3 comments:

Dandy said...

Merry Christmas to you house and loved ones Jane!!

I didn't know you collected lighthouses, my mom does too.
;)

Happy Holidays!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Merry Christmas Jane

danielle said...

How funny - I thought I was so original when I started hanging our stockings from the screen that we surround our pellet stove with!