Saturday, January 06, 2007

First FOs of the New Year


Now that Christmas is over I have been busy knitting baby things. Three babies are due soon. My nephew and his wife are expecting a boy at the end of this month, and two co-workers are expecting babies in February - one a girl and one a boy.
My nephew's wife's shower is next weekend - so that had to be done by this weekend and in the mail bright and early Monday morning. The sacque and bonnet are from a Leisure Arts booklet, Precious Layettes to Knit. They are made with slip stitches, much like the ballband dishcloths are. The drawstring pants are from Last-Minute Kitted Gifts. The whole set is made with Caron's Simply Soft, which is machine wash and dry and really holds up well - a must for a baby garment!
I have also finished four "Bibs of Love" from Mason Dixon Knitting. They are made from Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn for the other baby boy. Next on my list to knit is a tiny pair of felted Mary Jane's from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting and the Two-Striped Flopsy hat by Pick Up Sticks for the baby girl on my list. We are having a combined shower for these two co-workers on January 18 so I need to speed knit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the things you have knitted! Isn't it fun knitting for babys? It's so "quick"!
Love Vigdis from Norway

Anonymous said...

You're really amazing. I still haven't finished the baby things I started for the DD when I was pregnant. Pathetic isn't it--esp. she'll be 12 next month!!!

rohanknitter said...

Wow, you are getting lots done. The baby stuff is beautiful. Those little mary janes will be adorable.

Theresa said...

Can't wait to see the baby girl stuff - I just think girls are so much more fun to knit for!

AR said...

I love the little outfit! It is so sweet. I made some pitter patter booties. Those are a really fun knit.