Monday, February 19, 2007

ITEIII Tote Finished!








My tote for the ITEIII is finished and I've collected the goodies to go in it, and made a little felted change purse with the leftover yarn. If I can bear to part with it I will mail it off to my partner.


This is the Aran Bag from the 2007 Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar - (November 16) with a few modifications. It took 3 skeins of Galway Highland Heather Color 729. The finished bag is 14" wide x 12" high and 28" from the top of the straps to the bottom of the bag. The lining is fabric from my stash (yes, I have a fabric stash too!) which just happened to have all the colors of the yarn in it. It has two pockets sewn into one side. The beads are glass beads from Blue Moon.











The change purse is my own pattern. CO 4 stitches and knit in garter st. increasing one stitch on each side until you have 26 stitches. Then knit in St. st. for 12 inches. BO, sew up side seams and felt. Stuff with a plastic to shape while drying. Sew on a button and cut a slit in the flap for a buttonhole. Fill with goodies! It's 3"x 6" after felting. I love how this yarn felted - you can see the subtle colors of the heather in it. I just may have to buy some more of this yarn and make a felted purse with it.

4 comments:

rohanknitter said...

That turned out so nice - great job!

vegasangelbrat said...

This is really gorgeous and I love the matching coin purse..great job!! I really love all teh colors in it!

AR said...

Nice! I love the little bead tassel thing.

Anonymous said...

Jane, if you were my partner I'd be so happy to receive that bag... it's gorgeous!!!

Annie