Tuesday, June 19, 2007

School's Out for the Summer!

Yesterday was the last day of school. We have a tradition at our school -on the last day the whole staff goes out and waves goodbye to the kids on the buses as they leave the schoolyard. As soon as they are out of sight, a big cheer goes up! Yup, we are just as happy as the kids are that school is out for the summer! Then we had a district-wide lunch for staff. It was bitter-sweet, as some much loved co-workers were retiring - lots of tears among the laughter.
So, now on the the lazy, hazy, days of summer and some FOs and WIPs:
My "Jayne's AP" bag. 10" wide, 4" deep, and 4 1/2" tall.

I added a cell phone pocket to the inside before felting and a strap from an old bag. I'm not crazy about the strap and will probably change it when I find something I like better.
This is my ITEIV bag #1. It's 10" wide by 11" tall and the flowers are needlefelted. The zippered pouch is 9 1/2" wide by 4" tall and will go with the bag, filled with goodies. They are both made with Patons Classic Wool in the same blue, but for some reason the colors look different in the picture.
And this is my ITEIV Bag #2. It's a larger version of the Jayne's AP bag and pre-felted it is 15" wide, 7" deep, and 21" tall from the top of the flap to the bottom of the bag. I'm going to put two pockets inside and an adjustable knit strap.
After it is felted, you can help me decide which one to send to my partner!

4 comments:

AR said...

Yay for you! School's out! Enjoy your summer.

Tough decision! The flower bag is so adorable, but the bags with pockets are useful and cute, too! Sorry I'm no help, I can never make up my mind!

Dandy said...

Well I have no idea which one you should send..lol... but which ever one you don't send to your tote 4 partner, you can send to your tote 3 partner... I'm pretty sure that Annie wouldn't mind one bit!! lol
;)
they're both great!!

I'm planning on making another AP bag for me too, but only making it a bit bigger, that wool from elanns sure did felt good!! All I have to do it decide on colors...

the little cell pocket on the inside is a great idea!! will have to make one of those too... and your bag with the flowers is very pretty.

tough choice.. sorry I'm no help at all..
:s

Cass said...

Oooooooo I love them ALL! The ITEIV bag #1 is my favorite though. They look professional! And great color choices! Lucky partner. :)

LunabudKnits said...

I have had such a fun time reading your blog today! Especially the Kool-Aid dye jobs. I'm a big Kool-Aid dye junkie myself:) And I love how the flowers turned out on the tall blue bag:)