Sunday, November 18, 2007

Chocolate


So I'm at the check-out in the grocery store and the cashier comes to this box of chocolate (which I bought to put in a swap package) and the conversation between her and the bagger goes like this:
Cashier - ooohh look at this box of chocolate.
Bagger - grabs the box and says - wow! My girlfriend would love this. She says chocolate is good for you.
Me - Put the chocolate down!
Cashier - Every woman knows that chocolate is good for you. (the bagger is walking away with my chocolate)
Me - come back here with my chocolate!
Bagger (reading the label) - this is really good for you because it's dark
chocolate.
Cashier - Of course it is good for you - if we didn't have chocolate we would have to hurt people.
Me - Can I please have my chocolate!
Bagger finishes bagging my food and I have my eye on the chocolate.
Me - That chocolate better be in the bag when I get home or someone is going to get hurt!
Cashier rings up the total and I swipe my credit card and sign for it.
Me - Where is my chocolate? I check the bags and find it in there and get out of there fast!
Now - after all that - the box of chocolate will not fit in the flat rate box I am filling up for my swap pal! What am I going to do now - don't tell me I am going to have to eat it all myself! At least I know it's good for me - after all the cashier and the bagger both said so!

6 comments:

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Yummy chocolate, funny story. You have 2 options. take the chocolate out of the box, wrap it separately, and fold the box to a manageable size, so partner knows you tried, LOL. 2nd option: eat the chocolate. I'd go with #2.

vegasangelbrat said...

LOL Oh your killing me...need help eating it :) maybe you can still sed half of it if it isn't all gone already ...lol
Love the story..I'm with you keeping an eye ont eh chocolate..lol

jackie said...

chocolate is always worth keeping track of! maybe you could share it with your secret pal. 1/2 for her 1/2 for you!

Karen said...

You could go with the suggestion above - perhaps send a photo of the chocolate before it was rewrapped in a more manageable format.

Then again, you could look after your own health, eat the chocolate, and go shopping for something that fit a little better.

Looks like it is time to flip a coin...

AR said...

lol! It does look really good!!

Chris said...

Nobody, I mean nobody better take my chocolate. You have a really nice blog. I linked you in my sidebar--I hope that is ok.