Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How Time Flies




When you are on vacation! Wednesday already. I've been spending my 'vacation' doing things around the house that never get done when I'm working. We bought a hot tub a couple of months ago, thinking it would be just the thing for those aches and pains you get when you are as 'young' as we are - but it spent the winter on the deck while we got the back porch ready for it. One thing led to another of course, but it is finally almost finished and the hot tub is in (it takes up half the porch). Now to get it hooked up and running!


I've been knitting more felted bags. Great knitting for watching baseball games because I don't have to look at what I'm doing, or count stitches, just knit around and around like Jacoby and Dustin running bases!


I'm also stash knitting - trying to use up all of the leftover wool from other projects (and yes, I'm making sure they really are wool.) I'm thinking of playing a baseball game with my next bag - like knit in one color until the inning ends and then switch to another color - doesn't take much to amuse me!


This one is a donation for a Chinese Auction
(Also called Tricky Trays, and Silent Auctions in other parts of the country)
to benefit the 8th grade trip to Boston in June.
I'm not buying yarn right now - but couldn't resist Knitpicks Sampler offer - you get one skein each of 6 different yarns for and patterns to make a one-skein project from each one of them. Now - that doesn't count as buying yarn, does it?


And for my fellow Sox fans - Some great memories.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the colors of the bag!

jopal said...

Love the bag - colors look like spring!
Thank you for the great memories! GO SOX!

Chris said...

Love the bag. Love your meez!!

aksunflour said...

the green colors in the bag are so cool!

LOVE the meez! It's so amazing to see everyone's different meez's.

Enjoy the soaks... now that summer is almost here! Another 55 F day today.

Unknown said...

Jane,

Dave has been talking hot tub for years. Maybe someday.

I like the idea of the switching yarns per inning.

I keep looking that KnitPicks Sampler and can't make up my mind about which one I want.

jackie said...

great bag. the colors are really nice. also love the idea of changing yarn colors every inning. that would be a fun bag. and no, i don't think the knit picks sampler counts as stash. especially at the price they are offering it at! which one will you choose?