Saturday, May 16, 2009

Was I Ever That Young or That Thin???

I pulled out some old prom pictures to add to a scrapbook page I'm doing of the twins prom pictures. This is my DD and her DH (the twins mom & dad) at her Junior Prom in 1987. Diana was the Prom Queen, and she is still just as pretty and just as thin as she was then. Jayson has a lot less hair now but still a good looking guy!

And, that's me and my DH on the right - at his Senior Prom in 1960.

Notice the DA haircut on Steve?

And, yes, we are still just as pretty and as thin as we were then LOL.


Actually it's hard to believe I was ever that thin - I think I weighed around 95 pounds!






And finally my labyrinth Carpet Bag finished and felted. I'm not crazy about it. Sometimes when I put something away for awhile and then take it back out it looks better - so that's what I'm going to do!

It was fun knitting it, but if I make another one I won't use the color sequences in the pattern. Some of the rows only called for one round of a color - and those rounds didn't even show up when it was felted. Like the bottom right hexagon which looks like it only has two colors but should have a blue round. I should have realized that when I was knitting, but I followed the pattern like a good girl!





7 comments:

Chris said...

I love old pics. I also really like the bag. Maybe you are just disappointed that it isn't exactly what you thought it would be?

Unknown said...

Jane,

What great pics. My kids just ROLL when we pull out all the old pics. I never went to prom but my hubby and I met through a young adults group which had many semi-formal type dances.

You know, sometimes you just have to go with your gut on patterns. However, I still do like you and follow the pattern religiously. I agree that you should put the bag away and then pull it out. If you still don't like it, you can always put it in the "prize locker!"

Have a great Sunday.

Mary Lynn

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! :D I love looking at other peoples pictures! :D... I like your bag! I love those colors together! :D I hope your day is going well! :D

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the pictures I was like 90lbs in high school and now well we wont talk about that;)I love the bag very pretty.Hugs Darcy

aksunflour said...

your DD's dress and my Senior Prom dress look very similar.

the bag, well good job on finishing it. If you don't eventually like it, could possibly one of your fams want it for Christmas?


surprised you don't have a ticker for retirement. What another couple of weeks?

Pati said...

Loved the pictures! I can't remember when I ever weighted 95 lbs! But I am working on losing that much. :)

roseygirl said...

I love the photo's I always have a good giggle when I do my scrapbooking as I come across old photos of myself. I was noticing all the great knitting/craft books in the photo behind the felt bag! :)