Saturday, June 03, 2006

Baby Cable Rib Sock


I'm excited about this sock because it is the first I have made that has a pattern, besides plain ribbing. It's the Baby Cable rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, made with Pattons Kroy Socks yarn in Grass Green. It's a sport weight superwash wool, and I used size 3 circs and the ML method. The pattern was simple, but I like the looks of it. I love this book (got it with my 40% off coupon at A.C.Moore) because it really explains each of the different methods of making socks, and then gives patterns, beginning with simple four stitch patterns, which this one is, on up to complicated 12 stitch patterns, and gives you stitch tables for figuring how how to knit them with any weight yarn and needle and method. It doesn't actually give the ML directions, but it's easy enough to convert the directions for two circs into ML. Now I supposed I will have to make the other sock LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your sock. Socks just challenge me beyond words. I am working on doing my first one on a toe-up. It is a challenge but I have gotten farther than I ever had previously!
Your secret pal