Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wuthering Heights Project


I had a hard time coming up with an idea for my Knit with the Classics Wuthering Heights projects. I didn't like the book much, the characters did not inspire fuzzy warm knitting thoughts! I finally decided to design a lace infant's bonnet for Catherine, a premature baby, born into a dysfunctional family, and whose mother died in childbirth. The yarn is a soft yellow baby yarn, and the lace pattern is called "Baby Fern" from an old reliable stitch dictionary that I have on my bookshelf.

3 comments:

laurie in maine said...

Adorable hat...you designed?! What, please is the complete title of your stitch dictionary?!! Trying to decide which (one) to buy :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and a beautiful hat. I always loved to put bonnets on my DDs. This is a beautiful design.

jennhx said...

Very beautiful, and a great idea... Poor little Catherine really was an innocent and deserves such a lovely bonnet to keep her warm on the moors.