Sunday, October 08, 2006

BORN TO KNIT


I finished the mystery pattern last night (had to tink back a couple of rows in my excitement over seeing the Detroit Tigers beat the NY Yankees and knock them out of the play-offs!) I don't know if you can see what it says - "BORN TO KNIT" - Very clever Deb. Yes, it was from Deb, my very devious SP. She knew that I knew who she was (hard to run a swap and keep that secret from myself) so she put a fake return address on the package to confuse me (she knows that it doesn't take much to confuse me). But in the end, it was her card that the beginning of the skein was wrapped around. And look at all the goodies that came out of the ball! I won't run out of stitch markers for awhile at least. I think my favorite is the sheep tape measure, isn't he cute? There are still a couple of mysteries in there though. Like the red thing - not sure what that is. And are those arrow heads? Thanks you so much Deb - this was so much fun.
Oh, and I am a little bit devious too. I had some yarn left at the end, and instead of knitting more with it, I unwound it to get to the rest of the goodies!

3 comments:

AR said...

How neat!!

Deborah Brown said...

Arrow heads from the foothills in North Georgia. The buckeye necklace, snake and bracelet is also from North Georgia black bear country. The little red think goes on your index finger when knitting with more than one thread at a time, to keep them stright and not get twisted arounnd each other. The only thing I don't see in the photo is the tiny purse hanging on a chain. Did you figure out what that is for?

Love ya!

Deb

Ren said...

that mystery ball swap sounds so cool! looks like you got some fun stuff, too!

i just wanted to let you know i finished up the teacup and saucer and pics are here. thanks for a great pattern!