Thursday, July 24, 2008

Christmas Knitting


No, I'm not trying to wish the summer away - believe me! But summer is when I usually get most of my Christmas knitting done, and I haven't even started yet....so the banner on top of my blog is to remind me to get going! If you are my friend on Ravelry and you checked your friend's queues this morning, you might have noticed that I added a lot of scarf patterns to my queue - too many too choose from! But I'm going to try starting with this Celtic Cable Scarf by Vanessa Lewis. I'm making it in a vintage Irish Fisherman's wool in a natural off-white color, which was given to me by a friend. I say try because it is a pretty complicated pattern - at least for me because it requires concentration! I won't say who I'm making it for because she just may be reading my blog (and I just may have to frog it!).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jane, I've seen this on Ravelry myself and ADORE it!!! You can do it, come on now. :) Whoever receives it will have a super gift.

Aunt Kathy said...

That is a great pattern

You can do it Jane, one row at a time

Georgi said...

This is a beautiful scarf. You can do this!
But did ya have to make me think about presents on my lieu day? :-)

ikkinlala said...

It's a beautiful pattern, and I'm sure you'll do a great job of it!

Share said...

OMG that is gorgeous! I'll have to go add it to my favs now, so that one day, when I can do cables, I can do that too! Now you have to do it, so I can see it! :D