Sunday, July 29, 2007

DPNs and I (Continued)

See- I'm doing it. And you were right - after the first inch or so it gets easier and just goes around and around! I really think I've got it!


So, why have I stabbed my yarn to death with my dpns? It's really not as bad as it seems. The label on the yarn said size 3 dpns, but it was obvious to me that the stitches were way too lose. I need to either use smaller needles or thicker yarn. So, the sock went to the frog pond. To be continued.............

2 comments:

jopal said...

Maybe try shorter double pointed needles. I just bought some shorter ones but haven't tried them yet but an hoping they make my knitting with dpn less tense.
Also sometimes I knit 2-3 rows flat before putting on the dpn to give me something to "hang on to ".

Lyndsey-Jane said...

thats a real shame, although think of it as a practice run. Get some smaller needles and this time you'll know what to expect and it won't seem at all daunting.