Monday, July 30, 2007

Easy Knitted Accessories


This is another one of the books I got on sale from the Crafter's Choice Club (they were all under $10.00 ea. by the way). This is a great book for beginners. Each pattern teaches a new skill. At first glance through the book I didn't think there was anything in it that I didn't already have a pattern for someplace else and I would probably be gifting it. But after reading through it I have found some things I would like to make and some new skills I would like to learn! The first project I'm making is the felted patchwork bag. For beginners it teaches slip stitches and beading. I have been wanting to try beading and this was a very easy way to learn, not to mention a great way to use up yarn stash.
It's knit in strips, with different blocks of patterns on each strip. Here is my beaded heart - which was really fun and easy to do using large beads. I'm really curious to see what will happen to the beads when this is felted. I'm already planning my next project from this book, now that I've mastered beading, which is the beautiful beaded scarf on the cover.

No comments: