Monday, January 21, 2008

Knitting Sheep

On our Whoduknit Group we are reading a book called Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann this month. It takes place in the Irish village of Glennkill, where a flock of sheep try to solve the murder of their shepherd, who has cared for them, reading them a plethora of books every night, which has made them far savvier about the workings of the human mind than your average sheep. It's a pretty strange book! Anyway, I've been searching for a project to go along with this book and came across this adorable knitting sheep that I had to share with you. It's a free pattern that I found on Ravelry, and just too cute! You can find it here. We also just completed a Mystery KAL. I'm naming this the "Tori" scarf because it was inspired my my granddaughter, who showed me a scarf that her friend had, and asked me to make her one like it. Here are the three I completed while working out the pattern. My snowmen are now nice and comfy warm.

7 comments:

aksunflour said...

This is just Scary! I had a scarf like that EONS ago. But mine didn't loop together. Much better your way.

Thanks for tagging me.

Chris said...

love the scarves. Thx for the sheep pattern--saved it.

Anonymous said...

The scarf turn out cute. Does it have a hole in it to pull through. It looks very warm.

Unknown said...

You are THE woman!!!! You always have such cute and interesting stuff going on. LOVE the sheep pattern link. You're just so fun!!!

Jenny Girl said...

Cute scarves in nice colors.

Vicki said...

Love the scarves on your snowmen, but love the name more. I have one too.

Chele said...

Very beautiful scarves. Maybe I missed something, where can I get the pattern for the scarves? They are simply marvelous!!