Wednesday, July 26, 2006

International Friendship Quilters



I don't do much sewing anymore (too busy knitting!), but I do belong to the International Friendship Quilters Forum
I've participated in a few of their simple swaps, that did not involve too much talent and have made some great friends from all over the world. I haven't participated lately, but decided to sign up for their "Christmas in July" swap - a handmade Christmas ornament. Since I already have a large collection of hand made Christmas ornaments from my sewing days, this will be an easy one, so I signed up for two ornament exchanges. The best part about these exchanges is the very interesting letters that come with them. These are the ornaments that I will be swapping with two different IFQ members. They are both made with felt, hand sewed and hand beaded and embroidered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jane,

My Mom was an avid quilter and rug hooker (not latched hook but rug hooking . . . she gave up canning so that she could use her canning pot to dye her wool!). She also knitted in between doing everything else. She made each of us quilts (seven kids) and many of the grandchildren (at least the first 13 or 14 . . . we just kept breeding).

Anyway, one of the things that she gave me for Christmas "ornaments" was small quilted squares. I liked them so much that she then made me potholders. They are just wonderful and always remind me of her.

Your ornaments are great. I love crafty people!

Take care.

Mary Lynn