Friday, July 07, 2006

Shopping Trip

I made a trip up to the big city (Bangor) yesterday to pick up a few things I need. I DID NOT need any yarn. I have too many WIPs right now, and have all the yarn I need to make them. But - as I was walking by A.C. Moore on my way to Kohls, I saw they were having a sidewalk sale. There were lots of little crafty things on sale, so I picked up a bunch to take down to NJ with me for my nieces and nephews. Well - you probably won't believe this, but these two balls of yarn jumped into my cart.
They were both marked $9.99, marked down to $2.00. I thought they were too cute to put back on the table, so I took them home with me. I have no idea what I'll do with them. One is a skinny shiny ribbon yarn and the other some kind of bumpy yarn. I guess I could always use them for gift wrapping, if nothing else. Then I stopped at Borders to pick up a couple of books. I DID NOT need any more knitting magazines - again I have more projects right now than I can handle, but I did kind of glance at the magazine rack. These little sheep puppets jumped out at me - how adorable. the magazine is "Spin-Off"by Interweave. I don't spin - but I love the idea of it, and besides, I'm sure it is not against the law to use store bought yarn for the sheep puppets. I will probably even cheat and use self patterning sock yarn for them, as the patterns seems quite complicated.
There were some other cute patterns in it too - one for a beaded change purse, and another for a cute crocheted bag that hangs on your wrist and is used to hold a ball of yarn while knitting. I don't know if I would ever make it, or use it - but cute!
So, that magazine came home with me too.



And last, but not least, I rescued my son's Beta fish from his apartment to 'fish sit' while he is away for a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

ICJ said...

I use to buy my yarn at AC Moore in Bangor too... I love that store! :)

Isabelle 3rd name above you on the Amazing Lace side bar list! :)