Monday, July 10, 2006

Wine Bottle Tote


I finished the wine bottle tote for my sister. Does the needle felting look anything like grapes to you???? The tote was simple. I used two strands of Paton's classic wool, and CO 50 stiches on a #11 16" circular needle. Knit around until it is 22" tall, then start decreasing for the bottom. The handle is a 36" I-cord, cut in half after it is felted, and then threaded through the bag (like the Booga bag).

I also finished the place mats for my other sister. I'm not thrilled with them, I should have used a better quality cotton yarn. Maybe I will tell her they are dishclothes. If I made them again, I would knit knit them lengthwise and leave all the ends as fringe instead of weaving them all in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the felting definitely looks like grapes. The tote is great and would be a wonderful idea for a Christmas present too! Hmmm, I think I'll have to go shopping.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

The felting is fabulous. It definately looks like grapes. I really like the placemats too. I am thinking I may have to make one for the middle of my kitchen table. (I have three little kids so we use vinyl wipable placemats)

KTC SP