Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Summer Vacation is Over!


It's 'back to school' for me tomorrow. The kids don't start until September 5, but we have teacher workshops tomorrow and Thursday. The first day of school is always exciting, and this year is even more exciting since I will have my granddaughter, Tori, in my class! In the meantime I have been busy helping to plan the twins 13th birthday party (could I possibly have grandchildren 13 years old! They are each having three friends overnight at their camp tomorrow night for a Survivor party. We have lots of challenges planned, but no one will get voted off the island until Thursday - when they all go home! It should be lots of fun. I'll stop by after my workshop tomorrow to try to catch some of it.
This going back to work business is going to seriously cut into my knitting time! Maybe I can come up with a math curriculum based around knitting - that's really not such a bad idea - can't you just see 23 2nd graders knitting away in the classroom. I finished my first It Felt Random Bag, and it is ready to be felted. Can't wait to see how it turns out. It's 23"x23"x6" deep before felting and the i-cord is 68" long.

4 comments:

AR said...

I think your bag is going to be great. I can't wait to see it felted up. Last year about 17 out of 20some students in the 3rd grade could knit. The teacher let them knit while she read out loud. She told me it really calmed them after recess. I don't know about 2nd graders, though. My 2nd grader can knit, but she only goes for a row or so at a time. Hope your g-daughters' b-day party is great!!

Unknown said...

I love the colors of your bag.

Have fun getting ready for school. This is my DH's 9th year of teaching and I know that many people do not understand the amount of work involved with getting ready and teaching. I know that he spends hours and hours grading papers and setting up his room and such. He said that he thinks it is very important that the little ones, especially, get immediate feedback on their work!

I really like the idea of a Survivor party. Let me know how they did it. Lindsey is going to be 13 in March and she wants to have a "weekend" party with a couple of her girlfriends. AGHHH!

rohanknitter said...

The survivor party sounds fun!
I really like the colors of your bag. Let us see how it looks felted!

Pati said...

I love the colors! It looks great before and after!!