Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mysteries and Fidgets

Mystery Project #2 is in progress on the Holiday Mystery Gift-Along The clues are being given in both knit and crochet instructions, and I've chosen to crochet this time. These mystery KALs are so much fun, especially since I am usually clueless until the end as to what they will become. These are the first 3 clues - any guesses?

I finished my figet made from the Araucania handpainted Wool/Alpaca/Silk blend yarn. I'm not crazy about the buttons and will probably change them if I can find some I like better. I used this Fidget pattern, but it is basically a 5 1/2" x 23" rectangle with buttonholes at one end and buttons an the bottom side of the other. It can be made with any pattern and any yarn, in knit or crochet - the possibilities are endless! And I think they make great little gifts. This one might stay with me!

I'll be back later with pictures from the Harvest Hoedown at the local community center going on this afternoon. It is a beautiful day for it!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Jane what is a figet? it's a beautiful color and the buttons look ok to me