Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Rabbit Rabbit


When you work with 2nd graders, you learn something new every day. Did you know that when you wake up on the first day of each month you are supposed to say "Rabbit Rabbit" and that will bring you good luck all month? I didn't know that!
Aren't these the cutest little circs you've ever seen? When on of my Whoduknit friends, Sharon H., saw my post on another blog saying that I would like to try 12" circs. for socks, she very generously offered to send me one that she had tried and didn't like - they are addi turbo size 2. She also sent a 9" size 8 circular needle. I didn't know they made them that small and I'm not sure I can knit with the 9", but I'll give it a try.


Aunt Kathy is at it again with her month long contest. She's giving away a prize every Monday.

And her contests are fun too. Go on over to her blog to enter.


Knitting this week has been minimal, but it's been all about the Holiday Mystery Gift-Along. With new patterns popping up every Monday and Wednesday, plus mystery clues, shooting stars, and more I just wish I had more time to knit! So far I've completed the Gansey Gayle hat (pictured in a post below) started a Cushy Crochet slipper sock, started a plain talk sock - using the 12" circular that Sharon was kind enough to send me to try out, instead of the dpns that I do not get along with. I'm loving the 12" circ. so far but haven't turned a heel or picked up a gusset with it yet. I guess I still have to endure the dpns for finishing the toe. I'm also working on the first Mystery Special, and after completing three clues I don't have a clue what it is! I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but now it is time for bed!

I am not even going to try to stay up for the Red Sox/Angels first play-off game which is on the west coast and doesn't start until 10 p.m. I'll have to read all about it tomorrow.

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I knew that about the Rabbit, only I thought you were supposed to say "White Rabbit" and it has to be the FIRST spoken word you say or it doesn't count. LOL

Unknown said...

Good morning!

Well the Sox made it but this year the Tribe has already packed it in . . . what a disappointment. We have good players but none were good at the same time! LOL!

Have a great one!

Debbie said...

I am doing the Holiday Mystery Gift-Along too and it is so much fun! This is my first time. Never heard about the Rabbit, Rabbit thing. Have a good day!

Pati said...

You'll love the addi. Jeff swears by them for doing lace. The work smoothly. How are the Sox's doing? Don't hear much down here.

jackie said...

intrigued by the sock knitting on one circ needle. would love to know how it all comes out. and now i can't wait until the 1st of next month! thanks!