Monday, May 08, 2006

Knit the Classics Project

I think inspiration has finally come to me - aided by a glass of Merlot, for my Knit the Classics project for Pride and Prejudice. At the risk of changing the destiny of the Bennet family, I am going to knit a hooded scarf (moebius) for Jane (I'm a Jane too, get it?) to wear on her horseback ride to visit the Bingleys so that she will not get sick. If I were her mother, I certainly would have insisted that she wear one to protect her from the rain (but of course that would have defeated Mrs. Bennet's whole purpose). I haven't decided on a stitch pattern yet, but I think it will be in a Mohair/wool blend. Then next winter I can play Jane Austen in my hooded scarf when I have playground duty. If I have time, I may even knit her a pair of 'mitts' (fingerless gloves).

No comments: