Tuesday, May 02, 2006

One Skein



I ordered the book "OneSkein" a few weeks ago and since then I have been having a lot of fun with it. I joined the OneSkein Knitalong at http://oneskein.blogspot.com/ and the OneSkein Secret Pal Exchange. For the Secret Pal Exchange we will each receive the name of our Secret Pal, and will contact them through an anonymous e-mail account to learn about their interests and get to know them a little bit. Then on the first of June and the first of July we will send our secret pals one skein of yarn. In August, we will send our pals a finished item made with one skein of yarn. It sounds like a lot a fun and a good way to 'meet' other knitters.
This is my first project from One-Skein -My version of "The Clutch You'll Never Give UP". I used leftover Lopi yarn, and knit it together with a strand of Splash for the body of the clutch. I don't know the colorways because the bands were not on. It felted to pretty much the same size as the one in the book.

No comments: