Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Knit The Classics

And now for my best find of all - www.knittheclassics.com (see the link above). On this site, one classic book is chosen each month (by the members) and each member comes up with their own knitting or crocheting project that has some connection to the book. There is a seperate forum for discussing the book, and another for sharing the projects.
This month's book (May) is Pride and Prejudice. I am just one chapter into the book and haven't decided on a project yet. I'm thinking it should be some kind of lace, since the book takes place during the Victorian Era, so it may be a good time to jump into lace knitting. I've read through the archives and it looks like there are also some book related swaps, and even a prize for the best book related project! I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments: