Monday, August 18, 2008

Love the Mailman




Look what he brought today! My lace yarn for my MS4 . It's Knitpicks Shadow in Snorkel, and the Beads arrived from EarthFaire - they are size 08 Seafoam (Snorkel and Seafoam have to go together, don't they?) I love the yarn and love the beads and think they look just great the way they are. The yarn has just a bit of heather in it and the beads pick up the subtle colors beautifully. I'm not sure I want to mess them up by knitting with them!













I started my scarf for the Red Scarf Project - I'm using some red superwash worsted weight wool that I had in my stash and Stephanie Pearl -McPhee's pattern. It's a simple pattern, but I think it looks good -
CO 26 sts. K2, K2 through the back, P1, repeat to the last two sts. and K2
That's it - just repeat that row until your scarf is as long as you want it to be (or you run out of yarn.) I'm hoping to get a 60" scarf out of my yarn - I'm about half way there now.

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh Jane that color is beautiful.

I love that scarf pattern, I haven't picked mine yet, maybe I'll copy you, lol

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Oh! Pretty yarn and beads in one of my favorite colors. Love the red scarf.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful scarf! I think I'll have to knit this one sometime. I'm so behind on everything, reading blogs, emails, WhoDuKnit, blogging. Luckily, it's not a race, but just enjoy as you go, and I do enjoy your blog.