Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rainy Day Fun


Tori came over and spent the day with me yesterday while her mom, and brother & sister went out on the twins lobster boat to haul their traps.

My DD likes to call herself Jacob's "Sternmom" (the helpers on lobster boats are called Sternmen). So while they got soaked, Tori and I crafted our way though the day. It's been way too long since we have done this.


From my very short-lived basket weaving days, I still have a box full of materials, and Tori made these cute little baskets.


She brought a jar full of sea glass that she had collected when they went on an island picnic last weekend - with that we made gorgeous jewelry! We wrapped the glass pieces with wire and made necklaces, earrings, and pins for everyone!



Here is some of the gorgeous jewelry!
Then we got into my scrapbooking supplies and made cards with stamps, markers, etc.


A fun way to spend a rainy day!

6 comments:

AR said...

That does indeed sound fun! Sea glass, how cool. I hear it's hard to find now, because of all of the plastic bottles.

Aunt Kathy said...

Jane can I come for a craft day at your house, what fun!!!

Georgi said...

It looks like you had a great deal of fun, along with Tori.

SimplyMe said...

beautiful!

I wanna come over too!

Unknown said...

It is indeed a great way to spend a rainy day. Plus, it is a great way to make great memories for Tori.

Joyce said...

Thanks for sharing your fun day with Tori with us. What a great idea!