Monday, February 16, 2009

Thank You George Washington!



We learn a poem about George Washington in 2nd Grade that ends with - "but most of all we thank you for a day off from school!" Yes, thank you George Washington! I actually have the whole week off. This week is Basketball Tournament week in downeast Maine and school vacation week. Our local HS made it to the tournament this year so the excitement is high!

I spent my first day of vacation doing some beading. Stitch markers, bookmarks, and even a beaded watchband. In between I chatted with friends on the Internet, got my hair cut (my dd is a beautician among other things!) and knit a little bit too. And oh yeah - a load of wash and some vacuuming just to keep my conscience clear. I don't know if you can see those little things to the right of the stitch markers. They are the parts left after I use the ring part of the toggle clasps - maybe they are the toggles? I save them - I don't know why. If anyone can give me an idea of what to do with them I'll send you a set of stitch markers or a Book Thong - your choice. If there is more than one suggestion - well, you know the drill - a drawing.


Here is an enlarged close-up in case you don't know what I'm talking about. There just has to be a use for these!



9 comments:

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

You know, it is possible to get the rings or stitch markers with out the toggle, then you don't have to figure out what to do with the left over pieces!
I'll think about t for a bit and see if I can come up with an idea.

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

(That would be "rings FOR stitch....")

Aunt Kathy said...

Not a clue LOL.

Georgi said...

I would put jump rings on them and attach them to a bracelet, necklace or a pair of earrings, just for something different. They make bracelets out of knitting needles now, why not use the toggles?

Bonnie said...

I was going to say make a necklace with them but someone beat me to the punch. I think they could be graduation diplomas for a small doll. As you might be able to tell, I love dolls.
Bonnie C.

rita said...

Beads for shawls or something?

SimplyMe said...

I second you on the thank you and great beading job!!! those are beeeautiful!!!

Dandy said...

why they look like tiny skinny toggle buttons... lol.. no really I have no clue what you could use them for?? nice bead work tho!!

Linda said...

You could make a wrist distaff and use the toggles for the weights/decorations on the bottom. (Like this - http://mishmashetc.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-make-beaded-wrist-distaff.html )