Friday, February 20, 2009

Snow Day - Okay!

Nothing like a package full of yarn to cure the snowstorm blues! It snowed all day yesterday. The pile of snow that had finally gone down enough to almost see the road is now back up there and more. But when the mailman showed up with this package, it really made my day! It was a prize that I won on BJ's blog just by commenting on it. Look at the goodies! Four skeins of cotton yarn, two of Mohair, the burgundy color one is alpaca, and I love, love, that color green on the sock yarn. I think it's going to become a smoke ring (cowl) or a skinny scarf, instead of socks.


Thank you BJ - I love it all and it did indeed go to a good home!



The next little package contained these adorable sheepy pins that I ordered from Patt. Aren't they the cutest. If you want to order your own sheep pins, or stitch markers, or magnets, or even want to special order your own favorite animal (she does cute frogs and even ferrets too) go to her Etsy shop and check out what she has. Patt also has a great yahoo group called My Knitting Circle where she is currently holding a contest to name her latest creation - a very toothy dinosaur.
In the afternoon I watched the DVD movie Mama Mia, which my DS gave me for Christmas - it was the perfect feel good movie to ward off those winter blahs, and I made a lot of progress on my felted bag while I watched.
So, all in all, a pretty okay snow day!


2 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Whoooo hoooooo!

What a great day! Great wins, great buys, great movie, and a great scene outside your window.

ROCK IT JANE!!!!!

I'm so happy for you,

Aunt Kathy said...

I Love Patt's sheep... I think I am gonna give myself a shot at making some animals. I got the supplies today.

I like that sock yarn color too. Very nice.