Monday, February 23, 2009

Stormy Monday=Knitting and Reading


Lots of heavy snow that started out as rain, which left a nice layer of ice under it, closed schools and left us without power for most of the day = Lots of knitting and reading today! Reading: Nora Roberts - Born In Ice (how appropriate is that?) Knitting: The Smoke Ring Cowl and my huge, boring, felted bag.
Thanks goodness for our SIL who plowed us out and our grandson who shoveled the walk - and our generator, which makes a lot of noise, but is music to my ears!
It really is a pretty sight out there tonight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Michigan! How I miss the snowfall and the hush of being in the house on a weekday! Glad you have a generator, a book, some knitting, and great family! : )

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

That is indeed lovely! I am envious of your blizzard.

Aunt Kathy said...

wow Jane that's some snow, we didn't get any that stuck, but ice

SimplyMe said...

How funny is that about the title of your book!

glad you had another day to knit and read AND the generator. Life is good.

Joyce said...

I wondered if you lost power. Thanks for showing us the beautiful pictures. It truly is lovely, even if inconvenient. And how nice to be able to do more knitting and reading!

Unknown said...

Lovely but inconvenient. I am sure the kids didn't mind another day off from school though.

I keep thinking that I will take a snow day and stay home. Maybe I'll even turn off all the electronics too.

Keep safe and warm.