Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Speechless!






When Shelly, better known as Kadezmom posted about this project gone wrong on her blog I jokingly commented - ' send it to me.' When I saw a package from her on my table when I got home today I couldn't imagine what it was - and really couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it! Yes - it was the beaded shawl that she had, in her own words, spent hundreds of hours knitting!
Just take a look at the lace pattern and the beads! It's gorgeous! I still can't believe she sent it to me! She also included a couple of skeins of Bernat Lana wool to fill up the box. I'm pretty sure it's going to become a felted bag or a pair of felted slippers.
Thank you Shelly. I love the shawl and I love you!

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Shelly is the best, but than again so are YOU, Jane. Wear the shawl well.

Maxine said...

This shawl was done in a knit-along. I made one just like it in another color. I think both mine and Shelly's are beautiful. I blocked mine this week and plan to wear it soon.

Dandy said...

thats gorgeous... Jane your such a lucky duck to get that on your door step!!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love it what a special gift to receive:)Hugs Darcy