Saturday, February 28, 2009

That's What Friends Are For

This is my week for surprises that have moved me to tears. The mailman delivered a very large box to my door this morning. It was from my BFF (that's kid talk for best friend forever) in NJ. We've been Bff's since 7th grade! Once I got the tape off the box, I pulled out this beautifully wrapped package. The card on top said "For my forever friend, with love, Dot. Too pretty to open - right? But I did! And inside was this adorable bear. Her shirt says "The most valuable antiques are old friends."

Cute!
Then I pressed the button on his paw - and, well if you can hear the music playing on my blog you know why I was in tears! Dot and I don't see each other too often - a couple of times a year. But, we e-mail every day so there is probably nothing that we don't know about what the other is doing! Thank you my forever friend! She will sit right here by my computer - warming my days (see the towel on the windowsill to keep the cold wind from blowing in and the thermometer that says 29.5 degrees?) and my heart - 'cause 'that's what friends are for!"

Have you hugged your BFF today?


4 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Jane, I'm grinning ear to ear for you!!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Yep, that's what best friends are for.

Yarn Devil said...

Beautiful Bear! And Exactly what friends are for!!

Unknown said...

Brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes!

It is good to have such a wonderful friend. My bestest friend (next to my DH) moved to Dallas last year. I miss her and while email and phone are great, there is just sometimes when you need to share a cup of tea!