Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Traveling Baby Blankies

On my Whoduknit Group we are making traveling charity baby blankets. There are 6 members in each group and we each add about 4" to the blanket and then send it along to the next person on the list. At the end the blanket will be washed and sent off to warm a newborn baby.

Group One was started by Karen - she did the lovely bright yellow section. I added the bright blue section in a checkerboard pattern.
I started Group #2's blanket in pastel pink in a quilted diamond pattern.


I'm also starting a crochet version - which will be on its way soon. I'll post a picture as soon as I get my section done.

3 comments:

Yarn Devil said...

Briliant idea!! Only because I would never have the patience to make one complete by myself.

Aunt Kathy said...

They are gonna look so good when done.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Really, incredibly beautiful.